If there is one thing I have learned through my own experiences and working with other entrepreneurs to launch and grow their businesses, it’s that there is no right or wrong way to be an entrepreneur. Just like your business brand, your brand of entrepreneurship will be as unique as you are. That being said, there are certain characteristics that you’ll need to possess to help you achieve success as an entrepreneur. Have you ever sat down to do an entrepreneurship self-assessment? What does that even mean?
What is an entrepreneurship self-assessment?
There are many different types of entrepreneurship self-assessment. The most common is to sit down and ask your self questions to figure out what type of entrepreneur you could be, or even if you are cut out to be a business owner at all. Being an entrepreneur isn’t for everyone given it can be tough, but you need to make the decision for yourself.
In the following entrepreneurship self-assessment, we’ll take you through sixteen different statements to help you figure out whether it’s a road you should take. Keep in mind, these types of self-assessment won’t identify whether you’ll be successful or not, and they aren’t always absolute. They are meant to get you thinking about the path you want to take when it comes to your career.
The SongBird entrepreneurship self-assessment
On a scale of 1 – 4, where 1 is Strongly Disagree and 4 is Strongly agree, rate the following statements.
- You often find yourself taking on a leadership role.
- You often find that you work your hardest until you have accomplished what you set to accomplish. You can take a break later.
- You are motivated by the thought of being your own boss and making all of the day-to-day decisions.
- It’s important to take risks, even if you’re not completely sure of the outcome.
- When you face set-backs you are comfortable with asking for help or finding a different solution.
- Entrepreneurs need to know how to delegate to get things done.
- You’re never bored because there is always something to do.
- You do your best thinking under pressure.
- Success is earned, and you have a strong drive to earn your success.
- You are ready to put as many hours into your new business as necessary, even if that means clocking hours seven days a week.
- You like to find solutions to problems.
- Success doesn’t happen overnight, and luck is something you have to work for.
- You are comfortable with prioritizing tasks and can do it efficiently.
- Failure is not a deal-breaker, it is a challenge.
- You put 100% effort into everything.
- You are confident you have the skillset needed to run a business.
Look at your responses and add up your score.
If you’re ready to take the plunge or you are just getting your feet wet with your side hustle, we an help you grow your business in the right ways. Give us a call today!